The Basic Economic Development Course provides comprehensive training in the basic concepts, methods and strategies of local economic development. A diverse and experienced faculty provide a blend of theory and practice.
September 25-28, 2023
Maple Grove, MN
Details & Registration
The course is designed for those new to the field, as well as those seeking to deepen their knowledge and skills including:
- Economic Development Professionals
- Public officials or staff engaged in economic development
- Members of local development organizations
The Minnesota course is coordinated by the Minnesota Economic Development Foundation and is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC). It fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to take the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) Examination.
The Basic Economic Development Course covers:
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Strategic Planning
- Economic Development Finance
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Community/Neighborhood Development
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
Scholarships are available for practicing Minnesota economic development professionals through the Minnesota Economic Development Foundation. Scholarship applicants should register for the course at the same time that they apply for a scholarship.
For more information about this course or scholarships for Minnesota economic development practitioners, please email a course co-directors: Rebecca Kurtz at [email protected] or Scott Marquardt at [email protected].