The Minnesota Economic Development Foundation is hosting a free two-day Academy August 14 & 15, 2018 for Economic Development interns, new practitioners, and emerging professionals to broaden their understanding of the Economic Development profession.
Attendees will receive an overview of key elements of the profession, a ½ day tour of economic development projects and contact with a wide range of people active in the profession. Speakers and panelists will bring a variety of experiences, including urban, suburban, rural/small town and regional center. Participants will have an opportunity to network with their peers and learn from each other’s experiences.
Participation in the academy is free and required for all interns participating in MN Economic Development Foundation funded internships. New practitioners and emerging professionals are also invited to attend for free. Participants are responsible for their own lodging, if needed. Classroom activities will be held at Hamline University, St. Paul, Minnesota. Meals provided.
Topics and Activities
- Overview of economic development and integration with workforce development and community development
- Economic analysis, development sectors, geographic diversity
- Entrepreneurship, business retention and attraction
- Growth and diversification of your economy
- Tour business and community economic development projects
- Networking on the Anderson Terrace at Hamline
- Business financing and financial incentives
- Site development, utilities, broadband and other infrastructure requirements
- Considering a career in economic development?
- Evaluation and networking
To register for the Academy RSVP now to Patrick Connoy, email@example.com, 612 308 2577