Community-based internship grants to Minnesota communities are a cornerstone of the Foundation’s mission.
Each year, the Foundation awards one thousand dollar ($1,000) grants to EDAM Members to cover a portion of the cost to employ an intern that will focus principally on economic development-related work.
The application period is now closed.
- Employer must spend at least $2,000 on direct intern compensation.
- Quality of the proposed work tasks and exposure to economic development projects.
- Program of supervision and mentorship opportunities.
- Must be an EDAM member to apply for an internship grant.
For more information about scholarships,
please email Leslie Dingman.
Since 2004, the MNED Foundation has provided grants to support a multi-faceted partnership with St Cloud State University (SCSU) to educate and train students for a career in economic development through:
- Community-based internships with local planning and economic development organizations.
- Merit scholarships to assist students with tuition and other educationally-related expenses.
- Internship opportunities with the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
“The Minnesota Economic Development Foundation has set out to leverage our grant dollars to reach students, communities and the state as a whole through our long partnership with SCSU”, comments Tim Clawson, MNED Foundation’s Past Chair. “St Cloud State University has lived up to its end of the partnership by delivering top notch students who have and continue to go on to be meaningful contributors to government and industry in Minnesota.”
Dr. Aspa Rigopoulou, SCSU Professor and Director of the Planning and Community Development Program, adds, “the Minnesota Economic Development Foundation is a catalyst to the economic development career pursuits of our students. I commend the Foundation for the incredible foresight in making an ‘investment’ those who will be tomorrow’s industry leaders”.