Economic Development Certificate
offered by the Department of Public Administration
at the Hamline University
School of Business
Hamline University’s Economic Development Certificate is designed to give the participant an in- depth look at the economic development process from the perspective of both a government agency and a private sector developer. This is done through the completion of seven core modules:
- Introduction to Economic Development.
- What tools do we use and how do we use them: Soft tools and hard finance tools.
- A day with the Development All Stars.
- Case studies – on the road.
- How to conduct a Community Assessment.
- Development negotiations, How do we get there? How do we protect our community?
- Development Pro-formas, bond ratings, drilling into the details.
Completion of this course can result in two master’s level elective courses (eight credits) for eligible participants.
The 2014 scholarship recipient for Hamline University’s Economic Development Certificate was:
- Holly Sammons
Recipients of scholarships for the 2014 reSOLUTION Symposium include the following:
- Kimberly Ann
- Brian Finley
- John Garry
- Lydia MacKenzie
- Jeanne Kelsey
- Deanna Kuennen
- Dave Schaps
- Paul Ammerman
- Francisca Abbey
For additional information, please contact Cynthia Johnson at 651.523.2962
or email Cynthia.
For information on a tuition assistance scholarship to the Hamline Universities – Economic Development Certificate course, please email Tim Clawson CEcD, Education Chair.Click here to submit a Scholarship Application