The Upper Midwest Economic Development Course is a comprehensive educational experience on the theory and practice of economic development fundamentals and is accredited by the International Economic Development Council (IEDC).
It fulfills one of the prerequisites for those who wish to take the Certified Economic Developer (CEcD) Examiniation. Join some of the nation’s most knowledgeable and respected finance and economic development leaders, network with colleagues, and enjoy all Duluth has to offer!
The Basic Economic Development Course is designed for persons in positions related to economic development, including:
- Economic Development Professionals
- Public officials or staff engaged in economic development
- Members of local development organizations
The Basic Economic Development Course covers:
- Business Retention and Expansion
- Strategic Planning
- Economic Development Finance
- Small Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Community/Neighborhood Development
- Real Estate Development and Reuse
- Workforce Development
- Managing Economic Development Organizations
For more information about scholarships for this course,
please email Tim Clawson CEcD, Education Chair.
For more information on this year’s BEDC at the University of Minnesota Duluth.