2013 First time attendee Scholarships have been awarded! Congratulations to: - Ian Vincent, APEX Duluth
2013 UMD Basic Economic Development Course Scholarships have been awarded! Full Tution Scholarship! - Amanda Fiedler, City of Becker
- Patrick Brama, City of Ramsey - Jeanne Kelsey, Roseville HRA - Leroy Peterson, Kandiyohi County and Willmar EDC - Douglas Diedrichsen, MN DEED
- Whitney Ridlon, City of Oakdale
2013 $1,000 Community Internship Grants (Special Thanks to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development for financial support)
- Region Nine Development Commission - City of Roseville - City of Brooklyn Park - City of Rosemount - City of Isanti - Greater Fargo Moorhead EDC - APEX Duluth - Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation
- Hennepin County
- City of Minneapolis, CPED
2013 - 2014 St Cloud State University Internship Awards
- Scott Johnson, Fall 2013 MN DEEED Intern
- Abbey Francisca, Spring 2014 MN DEED Intern
- Belden Christopher, Fall 2013 Community Intern
- Marie Pflipsen, Internship with St Clould Area Planning Organization
- Sane Dalton, Spring 2014 Planning Intern with Central Minnesota Housing Partnership
2011 EDA Handbook
A Message from the Chair...
The Minnesota Economic Development Foundation is a 501 (c) 3 private non-profit corporation formed for the purpose of building stronger Minnesota communities through economic development outreach, education, training and research initiatives.
Since its formation in 2003, the Foundation has been committed to cultivating "next generation" economic and community development leaders as a means of building capacity within Minnesota communities that share the goal of sustaining local economic vitality. Matching driven professionals with communities and organizations with a commitment to economic development action produces measurable outcomes for the individuals and communities that the Foundation supports.
The Foundation counts among its many operational and financial partners private corporations including banks, law firms, construction and real estate firms, professional services firms and non-profit entities in addition to a variety of local, county, regional and state government units. To date, more than 50 individuals and organizations have contributed financially to support and sustain the Foundation's mission. In addition to ongoing partner support, we welcome the addition of new partners who wish to join in and help the Foundation make even greater strides in the future.
The Foundation invites you to explore the opportunities available to you and your organization to benefit from, or contribute to the worthy mission of the Foundation, and we welcome your involvement in working with us in "building stronger Minnesota communities"!
MINNESOTA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION
Patrick Connoy Chair
Have you noticed our new name?
SAME MISSION, SAME PARTNERS, MORE OPPORTUNITIES!
The Economic Development Association of Minnesota (EDAM) Foundation changed its name to the Minnesota Economic Development Foundation in 2010. This change is a reflection of the expanded scope and opportunities for the Foundation and its partners to continue making positive impacts with communities and economic development professionals throughout Minnesota. While our mission of ooportunities and partnerships ahead. Thank you for you interest and on-going support of the Minnesota Economic Development Foundation.